Dear Friend of the Farm
Join the Veggielution!
Leaders of the Future Workshop
Eliezer live in the barn at the Oranjezicht City Farm
Eliezer is the solo music project of Cape Town musician Lance Herman. Nylon-string guitar and vocals – lyrical ballads, haunting waltzes – a soulful performance influenced by artists such as Leonard Cohen, Nick Drake, and Jose Gonzalez.
OZCF Market Day
Design inspiration – benches by Liam Mooney
- The OZCF “Down On The Farm” Bench (no back): The standard benches for the Farm [donation amount: R5 000 one more available]
- The OZCF “Resting Farmer” recliner bench: to go on the square ‘pergola’ area facing each other on either side of the lei water at the Sidmouth Road side of the Farm. [donation amount: R8 000; four available]
- The OZCF “Farm-With-A-View” Bench (with back): [donation amount: R10 000; two available]
OZCF in the spotlight
World Environment Day, Wednesday 5 June 2013
- Timour Hall School
- Cape Horticultural Society
- Cape Natural History Club
Our grateful thanks
- Prins and Prins Jewellers for supporting our farm workers
- Douglas Roberts for help with earthworm farm
- Nicolas Baumann and Andrew Walton for heritage and architectural support
- Liam Mooney for our delicious benches
- City of Cape Town Heritage Department for on-going restoration of Homestead Park
- Austen Johnston for photography
- Hoffman Wentzel for owl box and handiwork
- Michells Wholesale Nursery for plants
- All the volunteers who give so freely of their time, especially Jo Fitmaurice, Kimberly Brennan, Lizza Littlewort, Maya Marshak, Yvonne Sumter, Janine Gad, Nicola Rabkin, Simon Barnett and Colleen Stoltzman.
- Glen Thomas for aerial videography of OZCF
Please consider your support
- We need to raise R25 000 for an earthworm farm designed and built by Full Cycle. Vermicompost and ‘worm tea’ improve plant growth and health. The system, that will be installed on Saturday 11 June (please join in), has a processing capacity of 200kgs a day, producing 400 litres of vermitea a week and 100kgs of vermicompost a month.
- Bursaries for 15-18 year old students to attend the Leaders of the Future Workshop in the July School holidays. R900 per student for three-day workshop.
With deep appreciation and thanks,
The Oranjezicht City Farm Team