Don’t miss out! Come join in the fun and help celebrate local food, culture and community.
What can I do on the day?
- Meet the volunteer guides and tour the Oranjezicht City Farm
- Participate in guided walking tours of history-filled Oranjezicht
- Take in the vibe of the food and fun under the historic oaks
- Eat free range boerewors rolls, pancakes sweet and savoury, frozen yoghurt, Indian vegetarian delights, irresistible tacos and more
- Drink home-made lemonade and Fairtrade African coffee
- Enjoy craft beer, wine and bubbles
- Buy gorgeous flowers arranged by a professional florist, organically grown seedlings, seeds and other gardening essentials
- Join in carefree games for all ages and win fun prizes
- Bring the kids to meet the Bird Man and Snake Lady, paint a fun mural or have their faces painted
- Learn to tie knots with the Scouts
- Find out more about the new fibre networks in the City Bowl and the digital revolution sweeping our neighbourhood
- Get to know your community, SAPS representatives and the chat about the issues of the day
When: Heritage Day Saturday 24 September 2016
From: 10h00 to 16h00
Cost: R40 adults, Children (under 18) R20. Includes high-quality reusable glass or plastic bottle for beverages, contributing to a zero-waste event.
Please bring cash to support the Farm, OH Watch, the Scouts and to buy from traders. SnapScan also available.
10h00-16h00: Fun & games with No Danger Diaries
10h00-16h00: Plant and flower advice and nursery with OZCF farmers
10h00-11h00: Martin the Birdman with his beautiful feathered friends
11h00-12h00: Tracy Snake Lady and her remarkable reptiles
11h00-11h30: Historic Walk with Patricia Davison
11h30-13h00: Heritage Walk and Tree Tour (Lower Walk)
12h30-13h00: Scavenger Hunt at OZCF
14h00-15h00: Heritage Tree Tour (Upper Walk)
Food and beverages will be available from 10h00-16h00.
Guided Walking Tours:
Learn about the rich heritage of the natural environment in Oranjezicht, and discover the history of our community on three different walking tours. Wear comfortable shoes.
11h00: Guided tour of the past and present of historic Homestead Park and the Farm with the author of the recent book on the history of Oranjezicht.
12h00: Lower Walk. From Homestead Park through De Waal Park and return.
14h00: Upper Walk. From Homestead Park to the Platteklip Wash House, plankiespad, Filter Beds, old growth pocket of forest and return.
In partnership with:
Proudly Sponsored by:
Special thanks to: